In June 2011, Cheshire Academy was designated as an International Baccalaureate® World School. As a faculty, we found ourselves eager to embrace a curriculum so thoughtfully rooted in five fundamental premises that speak to the core values of a Cheshire Academy education:
- Successful learners must become members of the global community.
- We have only one good earth and our daughters and sons must become stewards of it.
- Students must become involved in community service.
- Students should become fluent in a second language.
- Writing and communication must be taught across the curriculum.