The Town Scholarship is one of the many ways we honor and support our relationship with the residents of Cheshire, and it has a long and proud tradition. Originally established in 1937, more than 87 Cheshire residents, including James Van Der Beek '95, have received the scholarship.
The selected candidate receives a full four-year scholarship to attend Cheshire Academy as a day student. Three runner-up candidates receive partial four-year scholarships. Selection for the award is based on scholarship, citizenship, leadership, and the potential to contribute positively both to the Academy and the greater community.
Scholarship Application Requirements
- Candidates must be residents of Cheshire, Connecticut, who have lived in the town for a minimum of one year
- Candidates must complete the eighth grade by June 30, 2017
- Submit all scholarship application requirements by their required dates
- Fill out your detailed inquiry form, after which you will receive application instructions via email
- Take the Secondary School Admission Test (SSAT) before January 1. Please visit www.ssat.org for details or contact us for the dates we will offer the test on campus
- Schedule or complete a personal interview by December 20
- Submit a completed application by January 20
- Submit the required Town Scholarship essay by January 20 A 400-600 word essay describing why you should be our next Cheshire Town Scholar describing your interests, unique qualities, or anything else that sets you apart from other students
Finalists will be called back for a panel interview in early February. The Town Scholar will be chosen and notified by March 10.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org